PDPM Lessons Learned So Far -- 2-Part Series (LIVE WEBINAR DATES) -- February 18 & 19, 2020
- Registration Closed
This two-part webinar series is for the clinical team in a SNF responsible for assessment, data gathering, collaboration for any component of the PDPM daily rate. MDS coordinators, therapy, social work, dietary, nursing and any others involved in sections of the MDS used to calculate the PDPM case mix groups. Participants will examine common pitfalls to avoid ensuring correct reimbursement for the PT, OT and SLP component and examine the Function Score used for PT, OT and Nursing component.
PT/OT Primary Diagnosis Clinical Category Issues
- Examine common errors in assigning primary diagnosis in I0020b
- Explain the connection between primary diagnosis and surgeries check in J2300-J5000
- Examine errors in coding surgeries in J2300 – J5000
- Examine common GG errors in coding and documentation (for PT/OT and nursing)
SLP Case Mix Group Issues
- Examine common errors in coding K0100: Signs and symptoms of swallowing disorder
- Understand the options for conducting the BIMS interview or assessing cognitive impairment using the cognitive performance scale and the importance of accurate coding for these.
- Discuss common errors in assigned SLP comorbidity checkboxes and ICD 10 codes.
Nursing and NTA Case Mix Group Issues
- Understand which common NTA points are being missed due to lack of follow up or MD query
- Understand how the nursing component drives payment and insufficient documentation traps to avoid
- Examine the Nursing/NTA connection with examples of missed opportunities for correct reimbursement.
- Examine how to know when an IPA is warranted
- Explain the interrupted stay policy and how to manage it
- Managing the PPS Schedule effectively
- DONs, ADONs, and other nursing staff
- MDS Coordinators
- Medical Records
- Quality Assurance Directors
- Social Services
- Therapy Staff
- Regional Operations
- Clinical Directors
- Social Worker
Fees are per person
LifeSpan Member: $165.00
Judy Wilhide Brandt, RN, BA, CPC, QCP, RAC-MT, DNS-CT (Moderator)
Principal, Wilhide Consulting, Inc.
Judy Wilhide Brandt has more than 25 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in nursing facilities as a nurse manager, executive, state surveyor, RAI manager for Virginia, and consultant. She is a master teacher for AANAC and a national expert on matters relating to the MDS and the prospective payment system. She is a certified professional coder in a unique position to explain ICD-10 coding for a skilled nursing facility under PDPM.
An attendance/validation code is required in order to print your certificate. The attendance code is distributed at the end of each webinar. Attendees are required to enter the code before they can print the certificate.
This program is sponsored by The Beacon Institute. This course is approved for 3.0 continuing education.
This program is approved by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators.
This program is approved by the Maryland Board of Social Worker Examiners for Category 1 Continuing education for social workers in Maryland.
Refunds, minus a $25 processing fee per registrant, will be honored if requested in writing FIVE (5) business days prior to the date of the seminar.
Cancellation due to State survey, the state Surveyors must actually be in the building in order to receive a refund. To receive a refund due to a Survey, Beacon Institute requires a form to be completed, please contact Annmarie Gordon @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendees may send substitutions in their places without prior notification. Additional fees may apply.